Ottawa Tourism's Communications Department maintains a year-long bilingual calendar of events, updated regularly, on this website (www.ottawatourism.ca). A copy is also included in media kits for visiting travel journalists.
How can your event be included?
- We ask that listings be presented in both English and French if at all possible.
- Each listing is very short and includes a phone number and website address for information. It does not get into specific programming detail, or explain pricing options.
- The ideal listing is an event that takes place over several days rather than just one day.
- Please provide as much notice as possible and send updates if details (dates, locations, etc.) change.
- An attempt is made to balance the listings by venue.
- The events should have a broad appeal, though some "quirky" events showcasing our destination's diversity are included.
- As this is a tourism-related calendar, the listings should be events or activities in which tourists can participate. Events requiring pre-registration are not appropriate unless the event attracts a significant number of spectators.
- Ottawa Tourism reserves the right to edit submitted text or to reject submissions entirely